May saw myriad developments at Stratis. From commencing the construction of the Stratis Blockchain Innovation Center in Uganda to launching several new updates across Stratis-fuelled projects, including Opdex Inc. and My XR Gallery. We have enjoyed working across a variety of projects and concepts designed to bring Stratis technologies to communities around the world.
Find out more about what we’ve been working on below, and you can follow us @Stratisplatform on Twitter for all the latest news coming up in June.
Building begins at the Stratis Blockchain Innovation Centre in Uganda
Recently we announced that Stratis was to fund a new blockchain innovation centre in the Tooro Kingdom of southwestern Uganda as part of a new partnership with the charitable foundation of King Oyo, the kingdom’s reigning monarch. Building work has officially commenced, with the foundations laid at the end of May.
As discussed in a previous blog, the centre will encourage the development of blockchain-based knowledge and skills in the kingdom, which will support blockchain innovations across fields such as agriculture and finance.
This launch is symbolic of Stratis’s global expansion, with Stratis Africa launching alongside it. We look forward to the evolution of this development.
The First ODX Vault Proposal Has Passed the Community Vote
This month saw the first ODX Vault proposal approved by community vote. The proposal aimed to build on the driving force behind Opdex Inc. of ascertaining fully decentralised protocols by ensuring that everyone contributing to the project had a voice in the distribution of ODX tokens, with 75% of the supply distributed through a Mining Governance smart contract and the remaining 25% through a Vault smart contract.
This update will allow users involved in the project to propose contributions in exchange for ODX tokens. Other community users may vote for or against these proposals with CRS tokens. Approved proposals will result in the request ODX having a one-year vesting period before these tokens can be collected.
With this proposal, Opdex Inc. hopes to extend the longevity and bolster the quality of all future developments. You can read more about the proposal here.
Hashbattle Public TestNet Beta is Now Available
After teasing the Hashbattle beta launch back in our latest Stratis Decentralised Accelerator update, this month saw it drop on the Hashbattle website.
This beta launch features 10 games — Cops Clash, Zig Zag Zoom, Duck Dunk, Hurdle Hop, Stack Tower, Zombie Rage, Basketball Mania, Tunnel Trouble, Hammer Hero & Counting Snakes — with entry fees ranging from zero to one Cirrus.
Users will also soon be able to enjoy the first phase of the Hashbattle NFT drop, which will include 10K Dead Warriors NFTs with an inbuilt Photobooth feature designed to allow users to position their NFT characters in various environments.
You can follow Hashbattle on Twitter @Hash_battle for further updates and discover how to be involved in the public beta test.
Dawn of Ships Update
The Astroverse Club recently released a blog post uncovering new details about its exciting play-to-earn game, Dawn of Ships.
Building on last month’s update, in which we explained the newly revealed Plundering and Ambusing features, this blog focuses on the game’s Core loop, by which Plundering and Ambushing missions lead to the customisation of the player’s ship.
The ships at the core of Dawn of Ships are designed to be highly customisable and are influenced by the pirate’s Clan and Class. Each of the six Clans — Blackbeard’s Buccan, Hired Guns, Deadly Deserters, The Forsaken, Broken Bones, and Galactic Ghosts — have six distinct classes with roles that will determine the ship’s battle skills.
You can follow Dawn of Ship’s Discord Channel here for further updates on how the game is leveraging Stratis technologies to bring the pirate’s life to game players.
My XR Gallery Update
Another SDA project rapidly gathering steam this past month was My XR Gallery from Polycarbon Games.
With newly introduced functionalities, users can link their artwork to the Stratisphere via My XR Gallery, interconnecting the two platforms and allowing other users to view and buy artwork from Stratisphere while viewing it in the gallery. This offers both creators and community members the opportunity to engage with, bid on, and purchase digital collectables after enjoying the highly visual experience of a virtual gallery.