Stratis Monthly #7
A total of 47 commits were made during the month of August, this encompassed 320 file changes and 7,694 additional lines of code to the Stratis Full Node
It may have been August, but it was another busy month for Stratis, filled with updates from our developers. The main focus was the release of the block explorer for Cirrus and Stratis networks and improving the stability of the Cirrus Sidechain.
A total of 47 commits were made during the month of August, this encompassed 320 file changes and 7,694 additional lines of code to the Stratis Full Node. A summary of the key developments can be found below.
Stratis Full Node
- Partially refactored the full node’s feature discovery mechanism and continued refactoring work to improve overall architecture surrounding network consensus rule registration
- Utilizing the Stratis Coherence Suite to ensure release stability
- New Cirrus wallet feature to issue custom tokens and interact with them
- Improvements for stability of the Cirrus miner
- Feedback improvements from Cirrus’ cross chain transfer store to better log information to the console
- Fixed unconfirmed balance issues with Cirrus’ federation wallet
- Porting of Azure workbench sample smart contracts
- Improvements to smart contract receipt querying
- Fixes for smart contract storage access bug
Stratis Core Wallet
- Fixes for wallet transaction history
- Updated cold staking feature to include wallet feature explicitly
- Performed extensive performance testing and optimization of wallet database
- Created new SQLiteWalletRepository database store for wallets
- Added option for multiple wallets per database or one database per wallet
- Identified some reusable code and interfaces in the wallet database
- Added support for various RPC methods including GetAddressGroupings to wallet database
- Release of the block explorer for Cirrus and Stratis networks
- New improved responsive User Interface (UI) for the block explorer
Further to our development update, our business development team were also busy with a number of key engagements detailed below:
Stratis Listing on Crypto.com
We are pleased to have this month listed STRAT on Crypto.com, the global payments and cryptocurrency platform. You can see the full announcement here: https://blog.crypto.com/crypto-com-lists-stratis-strat/
Users that hold STAT in the Crypto.com app are being rewarded with the offer of a STRAT staking bonus, operating on a monthly basis. Full details of the scheme and the MCO Staking Booster can be are available on the exchange’s blog post here: https://blog.crypto.com/crypto-com-app-strat-staking-bonus/
Stratis & the Technical University of Munich
Stratis was invited by the Technical University of Munich (TUM) to contribute to its survey on Entrepreneurial Financing.
TUM is one of Germany’s most prestigious universities and regularly features highly in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings®. It is known for its strong science and technology research and close ties to business and industry.
We were pleased to contribute as part of our support for unbiased, respected research that leads to the advancement of blockchain technology.
Kookmin Bank visit to Stratis HQ
One of the hottest topics with enterprise clients right now is Digital Transformation, or ‘DX’ as it called by IDC, one of the leading analyst houses. IDC’s research shows that between 2013 and 2017, companies engaged in digital manufacturing, as one example, grew both their revenue and profits steadily, while non-digital manufacturers saw both their revenues and profits fall by between 2% and 3% year-on-year.
It is clear that for businesses to succeed in the modern age, they have to understand DX. This is especially true in the banking industry where so-called ‘challenger banks’ are entering the market with radical new, mobile-only propositions to slash costs and appeal to the current generation of digital natives who have grown up with smartphones.
The Stratis team was therefore pleased to welcome senior members of Kookmin Bank, one of the largest in Korea, to the Stratis offices in London recently to discuss our technology. A wide range of topics were covered, centering around the bank’s interest in the role of blockchain in Digital Transformation. According to IDC, by 2021, 82% of revenues derived from DX will be ecosystem-driven and blockchain is a key technology for establishing the trust necessary for those ecosystems to thrive.