As mentioned in previous blogs, there will be a community vote to decide the future of Stratis and their plans for StratisEVM. If you haven’t already, be sure to read the recent blog posts regarding the StratisEVM initative. The voting period for the StratisEVM initative has now begun, to find out more about the voting period, and how to vote, continue reading below:
When is the voting period?
- The voting period will last for approximately 14 days.
- Votes will be accepted from block 1997000 (17th October 2023)
- The voting period will end on block 2023880 (31st October 2023)
How can I vote?
Stratis has chosen an on-chain, weight-based voting method to facilitate the vote. The voting function keeps track of each voting wallet’s balance and voting choices (for or against proposed changes). A transaction is made for every address with a balance over 1 STRAX Token. If your wallet is very active, this might mean several transactions, each with a small fee.
When voting ends, all blockchain addresses will be checked within the set voting period, and the balances of those voting for will be added up and compared to those voting against. A simplified example can be found below:
- Token Holder A votes ‘For’ with a STRAX Balance of 1000
- Token Holder B votes ‘Against’ with a STRAX Balance of 500
- Token Holder C doesn’t vote and has a STRAX Balance of 2000
In the above circumstance, the decision would be ‘For’.
Note that funds moved from the wallet won’t affect the voting decision. Also, if you make regular transactions, your addresses might change due to our wallet software’s privacy features, which could make your vote not count in the final decision.
Importantly, Masternode Operators can safely vote from their collateral address, providing they have more than a 100,000.0001 STRAX balance.
Voting is made easy with new Voting features in the latest wallet version: https://github.com/stratisproject/StraxUI/releases/tag/188.8.131.52
Simply select your voting option, enter the wallet password and submit your vote.
Where can I download the wallet?
The installers for the wallet can be found above, or you can use the direct links to your applicable operating system below:
- Windows x64: https://github.com/stratisproject/StraxUI/releases/download/184.108.40.206/STRAX.Wallet-v1.6.0-setup-win-x64.exe
- Windows x86: https://github.com/stratisproject/StraxUI/releases/download/220.127.116.11/STRAX.Wallet-v1.6.0-setup-win-x86.exe
- MacOs: https://github.com/stratisproject/StraxUI/releases/download/18.104.22.168/STRAX.Wallet-v1.6.0-mac.dmg
- Linux (TAR): https://github.com/stratisproject/StraxUI/releases/download/22.214.171.124/STRAX.Wallet-v1.6.0-linux-x64.tar.gz
- Linux (DEB): https://github.com/stratisproject/StraxUI/releases/download/126.96.36.199/STRAX.Wallet-v1.6.0-linux-amd64.deb
How can I see the vote progress?
As Stratis has opted for an on-chain voting mechanism, anyone can view the status of the vote, including the weight of each voting choice.
Details regarding how to the run the tool can be found here: https://github.com/stratisproject/StratisFullNode/tree/swapcounter/src/SwapExtractionTool